El Paso Electric
https://www.epelectric.com - El Paso Electric (EPE) first began serving its customers on August 30, 1901 as the El Paso Electric Railway Company. Initially, its primary business consisted of providing transportation via mule-drawn streetcars, which were replaced in 1902 with electric streetcars. By 1925, the Company’s core business had evolved to producing and distributing electricity. That year, the company changed its name to the El Paso Electric Company and began serving southern New Mexico as well. El Paso Electric Today Today, El Paso Electric is a regional electric utility providing generation, transmission and distribution service to approximately 437,000 retail and wholesale customers in a 10,000 square mile area of the Rio Grande valley in west Texas and southern New Mexico. Its service territory extends from Hatch, New Mexico to Van Horn, Texas.